No experience, No problem! New CDL-A truck driver school graduates can get on the right path to a fulfilling career with student truck driver opportunities at J&R Schugel! We’re 100% employee-owned and offer competitive pay, full training and great rewards so you can have the best start to your driving career!
What we offer:
- Paid 4-6 week training program
- Trainer always on duty for assistance
- On-going training & educational opportunities
- Free retirement plan (ESOP)
- No contract necessary!
CDL-A truck driver requirements:
- Must have a Class-A CDL
- Must be at least 21 years of age
SOLO & TEAMS
- Newly increased pay – all experienced drivers make 0.60 CPM and above!
- $2,000 transition bonus*
- New APU equipped trucks
- Increased truck speed
- Free retirement plan (ESOP)
- Full benefits & 401K
- Vacation pay — increased from $500 to $1,000!
- Pet and rider policy
- Driver referral program: $2,000 per hired driver
- Online orientation with Web2Road — Get on the road to success sooner!
- Newly increased pay – teams make 0.75 CPM!
- Average 5,000+ miles per week
- Priority load assignments
- Longer length of haul
- More frequent drop and hook loads- we keep you rolling!
Grow your career with J&R Schugel! Help train recent CDL-A graduates to independently operate a tractor trailer safely and effectively. Provide a professional example and leadership throughout the training process.
How do I qualify as a Certified Trainer?
- 2.5 years of OTR experience
- Minimum of 6 months as a J&R Schugel driver
- Must be a company driver
- No major preventable accidents within the last 18 months
- No preventable service failures within the last 18 months
- Review drive cams and motorist complaints within the last year
- No moving violations within the last year
- Must be current on safety training
- Complete train the trainer course
- $1,680 for 4 weeks of training ($60.00 per day)
- Retention Bonus (once the student graduates the program):
- $250.00 = 45 days
- $250.00 = 90 days
- $250.00 = 180 days
- Make an extra $24,000+ per year when you train 10 students!
EARN MORE WHEN YOU REFER NEW DRIVER'S TO JRS!
Who better to share the roads with than someone you think represents our company as well as you do?
LEASE & OWNER OPERATORS
- 1 year of over-the-road tractor trailer experience preferred
- Choice of mileage or percentage + empty mile pay
- Superior fuel surcharge matrix
- Lease payment is 100% tax deductible
- Fuel surcharge on loaded miles
- Weekly settlements
- 100% APU equipped trucks
- 12 – 36 month equipment leases (2019 and newer equipment)
- Free in-cab scanning and Omnitracs unit
o 2019-2022 Kenworth Lease Trucks available
o 2020 Utility Refrigerated lease trailers Available
o Rental Equipment available to keep you rolling
o Drivewize and PrePass available at no charge
o Omnitracs units at no charge
o License, permits & 2290’s charged weekly
o Physical Damage insurance & Cargo/Liability ($3.05/$1,000 insured)
o Bobtail Insurance $7.50/Week
o Occupational Accident Coverage - $33.75
o Security Escrow
o Full Maintenance facilities at all terminal Locations
o 24/7 Breakdown Support
o Access to parts and tire discount programs
o Set service pricing for all standard preventive services
o Maintenance Escrow
o 10 cent per gallon discount at all PFJ, Love’s, Kwik Trip and TA/Petro
o Free Monthly IFTA calculations if using our fuel card
o In cab fuel pricing to allow you to know the cheapest fuel in your path
o Fuel Surcharge on all loaded miles
o 75% of LH revenue - 0.50 per dispatched empty miles ~ NO TRAILER FEES
o American Truck Business Services
o In-house Business Advisors to assist in the success of your business
OFFICE & SHOP
We are committed to your success! We offer a variety of positions to grow your career in the transportation industry. J&R Schugel understands the importance of work and home life balance; we also understand that benefits are an important factor in overall employee satisfaction that is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Variety of Opportunities:
- Fleet Management
- Customer Service
- Human Resources/Recruiting
- Tractor Trailer Technicians
- IT Tech Support
- Logistics & Sales
Office & Shop Benefits:
- Health & Tiered Rx Program
- Dental, Life & Vision Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Benefits Available
- Virtual Visits
- 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (based on anniversary date) & Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program (financial & support counseling)
** All benefits are subject to applicable waiting periods.